Can I go back to Windows98 from Millennium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the fixer

Solid State Member
My friend has a PC which came loaded with Millennium. He feels comfortable with Windows98, so he asked if I could load it for him. So far, all the fdisks Ive used have given me error messages. My attempt at rebooting with Windows98 boot disk gets me all the way to the setup wizzard, but then tells me I need an upgraded version to continue. My question is, How can I restart in DOS, reformat drive C (lost data is not an issue), then upload from Windows98 CD??? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated; Ill try anything at this point.

me to 98

First of all you need to backup your drivers especially your vidio
a:format c:
Do you have a me disc, just in case

Im not interested in keeping the data thats in the computer. I already tried to restart with the 98 bootdisk from Bootdisk.com, I get an error message. And finally, I cant format Cdrive from A drive without a disk in it.

me to 98

Then go to me control panel add/remove windows components I believe, make startup disk

you will probably have problems with drivers

Re: me to 98

derrmc said:
Then go to me control panel add/remove windows components I believe, make startup disk

you will probably have problems with drivers

I made a startup disk for ME, rebooted it, and formated C:. It worked, but now Im stuck at registering the Windows98, It wont accept the "Authenticity Numbers" that came with my original computer. Is there a way around this?

Re: Re: me to 98

the fixer said:
I made a startup disk for ME, rebooted it, and formated C:. It worked, but now Im stuck at registering the Windows98, It wont accept the "Authenticity Numbers" that came with my original computer. Is there a way around this?

I have to ask this first-double check the key-sometimes the B looks like an 8

Re: Re: Re: me to 98

derrmc said:
I have to ask this first-double check the key-sometimes the B looks like an 8

The numbers are fonted so that the letter B and number 8 look very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom