Can I Do This??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmil

Baseband Member
alright i hav two ata 80gb hard drives on my master i hav xp and on my slave i hav vista i dual boot with no problems, now it can get loud with both running and i think its better to hav one hd for both hd. now my sister has a 160gb ata hd,

now i dont want to reinstall windows and do that long stuff, so i was thinking if i can copy my sisters harddrive(used only 8gb) to one of my hd as another partiition then format that hd(sis), so i can then copy my master hd to my sis then copy my slave hd on to my sis hd so i can hav a total of 2 partitons on my sisters 160 gb and one of my harddrives hav my sisters stuff

bascially swicth hardddrives but put 2 hd in one...........................i hav tried paragon drive backup but its a retarted program lol so r there any other software that lets me copy partitions/hard drives to another

heres a diagram lol
3hddiagram.png

You can try to do it by saving and image of your old hard drives,using Norton Ghost or some similar software,and then restore the images to the new hard drive.Although I recommend you perform a fresh install of Windows on the new hard drive.

Should be possible. After copying the XP and Vista partitions to the new disk using Partition Magic, Drive Image/Ghost, or something else, you may have to use the Vista disc to do a repair install or use the recovery console to rebuild the bootsectors (i don't know if Vista has a recovery console?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom