Can I change the name of a drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOGA

Daemon Poster
My main local disk is comming up as E: instead of C:

how can i fix this?

thanks

To change an existing drive letter on a drive, on a partition, or on a volume, follow these steps:
1. Log on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.
3. Click Administrative Tools, double-click Computer Management, and then click Disk Management in the left pane.
4. Right-click the drive, the partition, the logical drive, or the volume that you want to assign a drive letter to, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
5. Click Change.
6. Click Assign the following drive letter if it is not already selected, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
7. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the drive letter change.
The drive letter of the drive, the partition, or the volume that you specified is changed, and the new drive letter appears in the appropriate drive, partition, or volume in the Disk Management tool.

It says "Windows cannot modify the drive letter of your system volume or boot volume."

?

i think is better to reformat ur computer windows...becuase this show than ur computer is going to have a big problems in future...i had met with this problems and it do the same thing ....now i run allrite...

PW_Ranger said:
i think is better to reformat ur computer windows...becuase this show than ur computer is going to have a big problems in future...i had met with this problems and it do the same thing ....now i run allrite...

Don't give help, especially when it's not true. I have the same thing with my computer Windows XP is on my D:\ drive, and it works fine, it works better than my Windows on my C:\ drive.

__Camouflage__ said:
Don't give help, especially when it's not true. I have the same thing with my computer Windows XP is on my D:\ drive, and it works fine, it works better than my Windows on my C:\ drive.

hows it work better?

XP isnt going to work any better with the D: drive then the C: drive. The best way to fix this is to reformat. Go ahead and get it done. You cant change it so dont bother looking into it anymore. Ive done looked all over and tried several things but with no luck. Reformat and be done with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom