Can anyone help with this annoying error please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrChris

Solid State Member
Hello.

First, ill introduce myself as this is my first post. My names Christopher, im from the UK and am currently a student in my first year of University (Lincoln University) studying a BA(Hons) in Interactive Multimedia. (if you would like to see the work i do a link to my homepage is in my profile).

Right, down to my problem :(

I own an Advent 7038 Laptop Computer, had it just over a year. The system works perfect apart from whenever i have anything plugged into my USB ports.

For reference, my system's specification can be found here:

http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/layo...&CatID={8422bb66-1b06-4045-8e2d-27220b230d96}

And my system information can be found here:

http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/layo...&CatID={274f0e77-200d-4637-98c8-30e715535627}

What happenes when i have something plugged into either one of my 3 USB ports is the system crashes, a blue screen appears which is on for approx 1 second. the system then restarts.

Once the system has restarted the following comes up:

Error%20Signiture.jpg

Error%20Report.jpg

I have no idea what is causing this problem. Neither do the people at PC World's tech support website. The odd thing is that the system will not crash every time. Its just when something is plugged in via USB once every 3 times say the system will crash like this. Sometimes even more frequent.

I have update my system with all the latest Windows updates, same as i say this error and crashing is nothign new. I have been living with it for abotu 6 months now but i am fed up of it (especially when im trying to get some important work done!)

So if anyone has any clue as to what the error means and what is causing it that would be great, or if anyone can tell me how to solve this problem that would be brilliant!

Kind Regards,

Chris, :cool:

Thats a wierd problem.

Have you tried removing the USB drivers and putting the newest ones on? Or making sure your current dirvers are still compatable with the version of windows your using given that you've added patches and so on.

The thing is i cannot update USB drivers as i dont know what make motherboard is inside my machine. For some silly reason its not on nay of the technical specifications etc...

is there any way i can pause it while booting so i can read the information i need?

Regards,

Chris.

OK, i have just used a program (CPU-Z) to find my motherboards make. Here's what i have:

Arima W720K7 ??

Did you know there is very little info on the Mobo on the internet.

So litte infact its hard to do anything.

Here's what i have done, E-Mailed the company with my problem and asked if theres any chance of a driver. Ill let you guys know what happenes.

OK, Since my last post (the date i e-mailed the company) i have not recieved any information back.

I am taking my laptop to PC world next week for a service. I will tell them my error and see if they can sort it!

Regards,

Chris,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom