Calibrating colors for dual monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
I have an LG Flatron W2252 22" (primary) and an Acer AL2216W 22" (secondary) as dual monitors. Both monitors have different contrast ratios and different ways to change the settings. The colors on them look awfully different and I would like to have a happy medium where both of them show the same colors/brightness/contrast. I am looking for a Windows Vista compatible program (hopefully free) that will do the job. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

I have tried all three and Calibrize seems to be the closest to what I need > create a color profile, but Whatever I do in the program it applies it to both monitors, which defeats the purpose. I am looking for a program that will tweak my 2nd monitor to look like my first.

I've only played around with my multiple displays a little and don't really use two, so just some more suggestions.
Have you tried using the Color Management settings in Vista and applying default profiles to each monitor?

Access the "Display Settings" window by right-clicking on the desktop of the PC, left-click on "Personalize", and then select "Display Settings". Select a monitor profile and set it as the default monitor profile by following these simple steps:

1.Click on "Advanced Settings" in the "Display Settings" window.
2.Select the "Color Management" tab.
3.Click on the "Color Management..." button.
4.Make sure that the "Use my settings for this device" is checked.
5.Click on "Add".
6.Select the desired monitor profile from the list.
7.Click "OK".
8.Click on "Set as Default Monitor Profile".
9.Close all windows and reboot the PC. The profile and calibration settings will load at startup.

I don''t know if this idea would work but what about calibrating each monitor individually?

Another calibration software to try
Monitor Calibration Vista - Calibrate your CRT or LCD computer monitor. Calibrate your CRT or LCD computer monitor.

And this thread might be helpful if you run into any problems with profile not loading or restoring
Monitor Calibration Issues - Vista Forums

So the color profiles do work, but the two monitors still show two different colors. There are two different types of color mode: One from the OS (software) and one from the monitor (hardware). I am looking only for the second one.

Yeah, I played around with both monitors but they all have different menus and no matter how much I tweak it, I can't make them the same. I have over 10 variables to play around with and finding the medium that I want will mathematically take years to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom