Is CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2009 worth getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshepherd

Solid State Member
I bought some computer parts off tiger direct and every representative that i talked to on the phone seemed to recommend the start up kit which included the CA Security Suite Plus 2009, CA Driver Alert, and CA Optimize 2.0. Without much information, the representative placed these three products on my order right before I purchased without my consent and before I found out, it had already shipped. It is possible for me to return them and get my money back when I receive the products but I want to know if they are worth using..because if they are then I will just use them for my new computer.

I have never really heard about CA until a week ago and I need to know if it is better than nod32/AVG/those other good security suites out there.

If you have used this product please let me know. I particularly want to know if these products lag the computer by using up a lot of processes. I am building a gaming computer so I do not want it to lag at all..

Please advise..

Here are the links to the three products:

CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2009 5-User Software - Anti-Virus, Firewall, Anti-Spyware, Data Backup ISSP09XTD05NA at TigerDirect.com

CA PC Pitstop Optimize 2.0 5-Users PCPOPT08D20E at TigerDirect.com

CA Driver Alert 5-Users PCPDAL08D20E at TigerDirect.com

They seem to have all 5 stars on the tiger direct reviews but when I search google I get no results..

Thank you!!!!

SIDE NOTE:

I got a really nice (and extremely expensive) computer with vista 64 bit to recognize all my memory...however i just wanted to ask do you think i should upgrade to windows 7 when it comes out or should i just wait about a year untill all the bugs/errors are fixed like with vista? i have a top notch gaming pc and i want to know if it will it still run fine on 7 or should i just stick to vista?

CA is not very good in my experience. Tiger Direct is just offering it to you because it's cheap or free after rebates and it probably goes towards a commission or a quota that the representative has to meet. If you're looking for a full suite you can pick up a copy of Zone Alarm or Panda for very cheap; I've had much better experience with those and they don't use many resources.

Yeah that is what I figured but I just want to know if it uses any resources/decent enough to just use...

if it is actually bad let me know and I'll just switch back over to nod32 or avg or something..

also..what about the other 2 links that i showed; the optimizer 2.0 and driver..should i install those or are those wastes??

I wouldnt install any of that stuff.

AVG, Avast or even the Microsoft Security Essentials is better than CA. The Optimizer is just a waste. You can do a better job with CCLeaner and common sense to keep your machine up to speed.

The driver updater is a waste as well. The main drivers you will be updating on a regular basis will be your video card. Those you can get right from the manufacturer's site. Then check every couple of months for sound card drivers and motherboard drivers.

Gotta agree with the homeys. I have used CA's AV and it works, but it is slow. I much prefer NOD32 over it.

TD screwed you over to make a buck. I would send it right back to them and raise cain with them over the phone about it. Sure the AV is free after rebate, but TD is notorious with slow or no rebates, and the others were not free at all.

Avoid Panda like the freaking plauge, it's worse than norton I have malware samples that I have repacked with another file in a very obvious way that every other AV pics up but panda marks it as OK.

I agree with Chris, Panda is TERRIBLE. It's so bad, sometimes I wonder if it's just a virus itself.

Panda is god awful jor it really is, seriously try downloading a bit of malware on it's own and upload it to virustotal.com AVG, Avast, Mcaffee, Norton etc will always get it but panda will flag as safe.

ok so i am assuming i should just return the AV?

or should i use it and return the other two prodcuts..

also, whats a really good security suite i should get..

give me your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom