C: drive full but can't clear?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackicefx

Solid State Member
My c: drive on my computer is full at 14.2 gbs and 332mb free but my actual partition is only 11.0 gbs. I have looked around my c: drive under my Documents and Settings folder. My personal user folder shows as 13.0 gbs but when I open the folder and select all of its contents, their properties show as 162kb size total. How can i find the massive amount of used space that isn't visible??
This problem is causing issues with log files and other files that right to my c: drive when I have programs open.

Thanks,
ROKnight

download, install and run ccleaner (google it).

In addition you may want to get rid of some old system restore points (not sure if ccleaner does this).

Right click on the drive and select properties, on the general tab click disk cleanup, switch to the second tab and use the bottom option to remove old restore points.

I believe so, but refresh my memory please. Where do I enable that?

Matthew
BlackIce FX

Also note that when you're selecting everything - the contents of folders (and any files within) are not included.

You could do a Ctrl+F (Find), search for *, and under advanced options search hidden files/sub-folders etc. Then sort the display largest->smallest file size by clicking the Size column twice. Works ok. :)

well, that was it. thanks to everyon who replied. it turns out that an old 13.5 gb folder i had moved to another drive was copied, not actually moved... found it after i set the view to show hidden folders.

thanks,
Matthew
BlackIce FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom