C:\boot.ini help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentali$T

Daemon Poster
Hi,
When i tried to install the newest drivers from AMD i had to uninstall the previuos ones. so i did that and when i try to install the new drivers it says C:\boot.ini cannot be opened :S so i cant install the drivers. How can i fix this?

Thanks

Did you download them thru the ATi site? Did you restart after you uninstalled the old ones? Was the drivers you downloaded a executable?

Re:

Hello,

What drive letter is assigned to your Windows partition?

Is it something other than C:\?

If so then it's trying to look for the boot.ini file, but it thinks it's located on the Windows partition which is labelled C:\.

@ Makaveli213 its not the ATi drivers its the newest AMD Athlon drivers.

@ Alvin In my computer it says my hard drive is D:\ so how do i change it to C:\?

also when i turn on my computer i get a message saying invalid C:\boot.ini loading from C:\WINDOWS then it will load up XP.

Thanks

Sum1 told me to make a new .txt file with this in it:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0 )partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiti on(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /bootlogo /usepmtimer

Does that sound right?
But then how do i change the drive letter to C
I have XP home not pro so instead of the txt file being professional can i just change it to home or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks

Hmm i googled how to change the drive letter and it gave me a way which were on a lot of sites so i tried it but it won't let me do it :s

lol thought u put can anyway haha

you can change it that way buy not the system volume drive letter as you get the error when doing so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom