C:

How do i add space to it as i have 830 gb unallocated? Can gparted do it?
thx

Last edited:
U can use the partitioning tool built in Windows. Just search 'partition' in the start menu and click the one that talks about editing or formatting partitions. When it opens, right click c: and click 'extend volume'. A menu will open, choose by how much u want to extend your partition and then press ok. The process might take long. If u want to extend the partition backwards, Windows disk management won't let u do it for certain reasons because of the structure of a hard drive (idrk about SSD's though). Instead, yes, use gparted, but the problem is that it will take ages as when the partition is extended backwards, all your data on the HDD will have to be moved to the start aswell.

Last edited:
What OS are you running? I'm assuming a version of Windows.

On 7 and below; Click start, then right click on Computer and select Manage. On the left pane, select Disk Management
On 8 up, Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select Disk Management.

If this unallocated space on the same disk as your C drive, just right click on that picture box and select Extend Volume.
Untitled.png

Click Next twice and finish and that will extend that drive to the entire available physical drive.

EDIT:
U can use the partitioning tool built in Windows. Just search 'partition' in the start menu and click the one that talks about editing or formatting partitions. When it opens, right click c: and click 'extend volume'. A menu will open, choose by how much u want to extend your partition.

Beat me to it!

What OS are you running? I'm assuming a version of Windows.

On 7 and below; Click start, then right click on Computer and select Manage. On the left pane, select Disk Management
On 8 up, Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select Disk Management.

If this unallocated space on the same disk as your C drive, just right click on that picture box and select Extend Volume.
View attachment 7444

Click Next twice and finish and that will extend that drive to the entire available physical drive.

EDIT:

Beat me to it!

Lol I was just editing my post aswell :lol:

I personally recommend GParted for partition resizing.

I don't like the built-in disk management tools for formatting and partition management.

Sent from my HTC One

I personally recommend GParted for partition resizing.

I don't like the built-in disk management tools for formatting and partition management.

Sent from my HTC One

I think it's fine to use :cool: but if I'm doing a major resize or multiple volumes and need more advanced tool then yes gparted is better.

But for a simple extend I find diskmgmt ok

I like the fact that it checks the drive, runs a quick simulation of the pending operations, and then will actually perform the operation.

Sent from my HTC One

Back
Top Bottom