Bypassing Windows P\W..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I have my cousin who has just got in touch asking for me to reset her P\W on her Win 8.1 Laptop being an ASUS. She Can't remember the P\W upon Boot. How can I bypass it. Any recommendations.

I could Google it, but what would be the Point of being a Member of TF.net if I just went elsewhere all the time.

I haven't looked at it at all yet I will say as she just text me last night when I was ill with a hang over in bed all day.

Is she signing in with an MS account or a local only account? If she's signing in with a local only account...Then create a bootable disc with this: Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor
And follow this guide to clear the password: Offline NT pw & reg-editor, walkthrough

If she uses a Microsoft/Live account to sign in...
FIrst disable the wireless on the laptop so it can't connect to the internet and boot off of the disc, clear the password, and boot back into Windows and try the new password.

Try downloading Hiren's Boot Disk and there are password reset utilities included. Or if you get a current version of MRI (it is Best Buy's diagnostic tool cd) There are some Windows configuration settings that can prevent these tools to not work. I doubt she has advanced settings on though.

Back
Top Bottom