Bypassing SignOn Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
uneventful

Well that little trek to Best Buy was uneventful. I saw an ad for xp for 69.99, but that was the upgrade. Unfortunately I cant afford the 199.99 now for the full version, so I will have to keep searching for info. Thanks for your help.

LINKS

Thank you for the links, I obviously don't understand how to use them. I've burnt a few onto discs, but seems no matter what I put into the computer it always goes to the windows sign on screen.

to install your windows xp home edition, restart the PC.

Before you see the win 2000 loading screen, press F11, and tell the computer to boot from the cd-rom drive. Make sure your xp cd is in the drive.

Re: Full or upgrade?

TwiztedTwit said:
Oh, Im not real sure, I got the copy from our computer guy at work. Ive used it on my daughters computer, but it seems it was only good for 30 days before she had to register it I believe. He wrote on it " Windows XP Sp2"

use this disc and follow my previous link. it gives you a step by step install procdure. I'll show how to use your upgrade home serial to activate it after you install windows

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxphome/installxpcdoldhdd/part1.htm

take the hard drive out and put it into your other computer. install windows me on it. you can try it the xp cd if it is sp1. sp2 won't like your swap computer

put it back in. I will give you futher instructions, when you do that

ok heres the deal PM me and i will help you out personally with stuff that i can t say on the forums ...yeah u all know wot im on about..look forward to being of an assistance

Update

Well, heres the update. After a bit I was suspicious about the computer not reading the cd-rom drive. So with the advice of a few very helpful people I went to download the xp boot floppys.
My own computer seems to have a problem with the floppy drive, maybe when I cleaned it something came loose, Ill check that tonight.

I copied the 6 discs onto floppys at work and proceeded to using them last night, everything was fine until it got to disc 5, then I got an error. ( at what point would I insert the cd-rom disc) or do I at all?

Seems like after the bomb after disk 5 the computer keeps shutting itself down when I try to turn it on.

Was going to try a different site for downloading all the disks today, although I cant really imagine that anything would have been wrong with the downloads from bootdisk.com.

Kinda back to square 1 again. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom