Bypassing SignOn Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedTwit

Baseband Member
After the death of my Uncle, my mother has acquired two computers. These computers have Win 2000 on them and the one she has chosen to use I want to upgrade to Win XP. Problem is when I hook everything up there is the control-alt-delete which brings up a signon screen. There certainly is no way we are going to get that info.

Ive tried everything, even going into safe-mode which still brings up that screen. How can I get by this to wipe everything off this computer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Full or upgrade?

Oh, Im not real sure, I got the copy from our computer guy at work. Ive used it on my daughters computer, but it seems it was only good for 30 days before she had to register it I believe. He wrote on it " Windows XP Sp2"

copy

It is a copy, and no I did not pay for it. My daughter bought her own after testing it for the 30 days, and my mother has opted to do the same. I basically wanted to put this copy on to get rid of all the stuff that is my Uncles off of the computer for her. If there is another way of erasing things then Im all game for that too.

full version

being as I want to do a clean install, can I just get the home edition? Everything Ive been reading states the home version cant be used with 2000. I would prefer not to pay the pro price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom