Buying a new computer...vista 32 or 64?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggworm

Solid State Member
They are offering me windows vista pro 64 for the same price as 32. Should I stick with 32 or go with 64?

depending on the specs on the computer, tell us more on what your buying and you will get a easy answer. like how much ram will you be having, if you have 4 or more, then get 64, but if you have 3 or less, get 32. 64 is designed to have more ram. If I'm wrong, somebody correct me please, but I think I'm right.

Okay there is like 5,000 topics with this question already.

Here you go. 64 Bit is not well supported. There are many applications/drivers that are still not readily available. But you have to make sure that your CPU is 64 Bit first.

32 Bit has a max of 4GB RAM limit. This cap can be reached easily. So if your system goes over 4GB you will need 64Bit no matter what. 32 Bit is more widely supported and yet the drivers are still buggy to a point.

So there you go. For any more info use Search or the Vista topic up top. There are plenty of areas to get all the answers you need.

Hello,

If the new system has 64 bit Vista pre-installed, and all the hardware on that system is Vista 64 bit compatible (including any of your own additional hardware), then 64 bit is a worthwhile investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom