burning a video on a cd writer? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2007, 07:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to BaintPall
Default burning a video on a cd writer?

so my computer has a cd writer / dvd rom and i need to burn this 10 minute long video onto a cd, i wouldnt think this would be possible (because i dont have a dvd burner) but i've done it before i just dont remember how i did it, but i know its possible, before i used a dvd cd to do it, the video is only around 120 mb. whenever i try to do it via windows media player or opening the D drive inserting the video and pressing "write to cd" it tells me i dont have a blank cd to write it with. can anyone tell me how to be able to do this? thanks a lot! btw the cd im using now to do it with is the exact same cd as i burned the other video with, and im positive the cd im usin is blank

Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: burning a video on a cd writer?

anyone know?
i need this 10 min video for a school presentation and i dont care how it gets to the computer at school as long as its not via the internet, cuz the school internet is slow and it'd take forever to download the file, and i dont have a portable usb either, im up to try anything i really need this video

Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

data cd, vcd or mini dvd
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 09-19-2007, 06:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Then get a USB stick. They go for about $10 for the size you need. Then you wont have this problem.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 09-19-2007, 08:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

To elaborate on what EricB said...

A data cd is just the file, like on your hd, but on a cd. You browse to it on the computer and play it.

A VCD is a video-cd, it will play on -some- DVD players. You need special software for this. Pretty sure nero and ati can both do it, or google VCD burner and I'm sure you'll find something.
Antec 300 Illusion
430w Antec Earthwatts
AMD Q4 640 Propus
2x4gb Patriot DDR3 1333
750gb Seagate 7200.11 Hard Drive
Old 09-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ok but before i do that r u sure its not the cd im using? because when i try to burn it it says no writable CD detected, is it maybe because the cd is "16x" ? the other one i burned the movie on was 8x, maybe 16 is too fast or somethin

Closed Thread