Burning CDs and Locking Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, locking a CD is like locking the words on a printed page. Anything that can read it can copy it, because the data is right there to see. Pretty much anything that can be read (be it hard disks, CD's, floppy disks, ROM chips, Flash chips, RAM chips, etc) can be copied, and anything that's copied can be copied again and again and again.

Accessing the data, on the other hand, is the hard part. If you encrypt your files, people can make a copy of your CD, but they still won't be able to read the actual files on either the original or the copy. Encryption usually works by encoding the data with a key phrase (password) so that the contents are scrambled and unreadable. Only a user who knows the password will be able to read the contents, as the password is used to unscramble the data. Of course, the people you give the password to can now copy your CD, or worse, copy the CD without the encryption. This won't work for distributing copies of a CD to everyone as you'd have to give them the password, and with the password there would be no sense for encrypting.

sorry to steal this thread, is there a way or software that i can use to duplicate the copyright protection of original dvd movies, it doesnt matter if it still can be copied i jsut want to make it a little difficult so that they cant just copy and paste or burn it thru nero...

sorry to steal this thread, is there a way or software that i can use to duplicate the copyright protection of original dvd movies, it doesnt matter if it still can be copied i jsut want to make it a little difficult so that they cant just copy and paste or burn it thru nero...

That topic is very scetchy. It falls under this catagory.

5) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed.

We have to know for what purpose you want to make a copy of a DVD.

macrovision is something that works for video. they use to have it on vcr tapes too. you can't use it for data.

That topic is very scetchy. It falls under this catagory.

5) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed.

We have to know for what purpose you want to make a copy of a DVD.

well i have dvd movies that i'd like to lend to my friend but i dont want them to copy it, i dont want to lend them the original copy also coz they might just scratch it.they dont know pirating stuff so i dont need to worry about them cracking or hacking the protection.

But making copies to lend out is against the rights as a owner of the DVD. The only right granted by DVD's is to make a single backup for personal use. Lending them out to friends is not for personal use and therefor would fall under piracy.

Sorry cant help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom