Burn Burn Burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

npnight13

Beta member
WinXP, HP desktop...

I want to burn a file onto the CD-R which I have done but every time I click on the file to open it I get the 'cannot open because it exists as a Read-Only file. Please make the file Read-Writable and then try opening it again' message. I tried to get into the properties but it won't let me change it from Read-Only.

I tried using Nero (pretty sure it is version 5) and I get the same message. I used the wizard and it doesn't give me a choice of changing the property.

To originally save the file from hard drive to cd, I went into My Computer, copied the file to E:, clicked on E: then it shows up under "Files Ready to be Written to the CD" and then I clicked "Write these files to CD" under CD Writing Tasks.

I have also tried saving the file onto the desktop, renaming it - checking the properties to make sure it is not read-only and saving it that way but STILL have the same problem.

I'm trying to help someone out with this - because I don't have this problem with my computer at home!

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice! :D

Are you trying to burn a file on the hard drive to a clean cd-r, or are you trying to append to a writen cd-r? Also what operating system do you have?

Hi, I wrote my OS in the first line - WinXP ;)

I found out the problem - it was a QuickBooks file that I was trying to access from the CD-R and it doesn't work that way, instead we had to save it from the CD to the desktop and THEN we could access the file.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom