Bunch of problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMorning

Solid State Member
Alrighty. I'm currently learning more and more about computer stuff but I'm very far from being an expert. Anyways, a little while ago on my other computer (OS Windows XP Home Edition) I aquired some Malware (I think it was Antivirus Pro 2009...not sure how I got it). It kept saying I had a ton of viruses and that I should buy this program to remove them all etc. etc. So after running my antivirus a few times (Zone Alarm) it seemed to get rid of it...with the exception of a few problems. (I also just had my chipset fan on my MB replaced and my Vid Card fan/heatsink combo replaced)

1) When ever I open up Internet Explorer it would ask if I want to continue from where I left last time or home page. If I continue from last time it opens up 20+ IE windows and freezes. I don't have this problem with any other browser.
2) If I run a virus scan it usually freezes my comp after 10 or so minutes (changes each time). I can still move my mouse around but everything is frozen.
3) Sometimes after the main loading screen when I turn on my computer it will just stay black and not start up.
4) I've gotten a random blue screen of death here and there (not very often).

Suggestions on how I could possibly fix this? If you need more details that I missed please ask and I'll supply as much info as I can.

*edit* Hopefully this is the right place to post

certainly sounds like a bad infection......i would follow this guide here and it should fix most problems. Also for the hanging problems, try running in safe mode

Osiris Spyware Guide

I hope this will help fix it! Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try it out after I'm done work tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom