Built in webcam driver problem (windows vista)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt view

Solid State Member
Ok so my girlfriend was trying to get her webcam on her hp dv6500 labtop to work with yahoo. She accessed instructions on yahoo to change certain settings within the webcam driver, however she doesn't know what all she did or how to get there. The webcam doesn't work at all now and I can't seem to figure out what she did. I have tried to restore the computer but she has her computer set to remove restore points after a certain amount of time and this just so happens to be to far so i can't go about it that way. I have also tried reinstalling the driver for the webcam and that didn't do anything.
I'm upgrading her computer to Windows 7 on thursday hoping this might replace that driver but I'm not sure...
I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on this matter.
Thanks

FYI Yahoo told her to put "regedit" in the (start - run) box

Go into the Device Manager and try to roll back the drivers.

Start>Right click on Computer>Manage. When that window comes up on the left side select Device Manager.

Click on the webcam and double click on it to get the window to come up about drivers. Select Roll back. If that doesnt work try removing the driver completely and then reinstalling it from the HP website.

Ok so I went to device manager and there is nothing named webcam I've looked and can't find anything close to it. I've looked for new drivers on hp's website and I can't seem to find the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom