Building an .ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGimmieASign

Beta member
First of all, I just want to apologize if this is posted in the wrong area, But this seemed to be the most appropriate space. If I'm wrong, please feel free to move it.

Okay for my problem....

Quick story, I'm an avid player of UT2004. After a fresh install of XP I went to reinstall my game and one of the cd's came up with a corrupted file. I figured this would relatively easy to fix.

I've managed to pull an .iso of that cd and extract it to a regular folder so I can mess with it. I downloaded a working version of the file that was corrupted and replaced it.

Now the problem I'm running into is building the files/folders back into an .iso I've tried every free piece of software out there and only 1 seems to be able to handle this (MagicISO) but it will not save/burn anything over 300MB in a trial version. Yes I could buy the full version, but that's $10 more than it would be to just buy a new game off of amazon.com or something.

So, my question is, does anyone know of a way or a program that i've missed that I can rebuild an .iso of the replacement files and burn them? Or can programs that I've tried do it and I just dont know how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Alright. Are you trying to create an ISO image of all the files so that you can burn the ISO image onto CD...?

If so, you don't need to compile and ISO image to do this...

...Simply burn the folders and files onto CD using CD Burning software (like Nero, or DeepBurner which is free) and be sure to retain the original folder and file structure.

You know... I never thought of trying that. I just assumed it had to be an exact replica of the original cd so I figured it had to be an .iso

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

all a iso is a collection of files that make it easier to store and such, whats harder to move 500 files or 1 file that containts the 500.

Ok I tried that and I got two different errors on two different cd's.

One said something like 'cannot find Skyrender.utx (The parameter is incorrect)

The other.... 'cannot find Skyrender.utx (cyclic redundancy error)

Any more suggestions or am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom