bugcode_usb_driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
First off, yes I checked the STOP error thread and followed it but it wasn't much help. I have also done a lot of research on this one so far.

My wife's computer has been acting up. It gives the "hardware disconnected" sound and the "hardware connected" sound off and on, and the cursor freezes for a split second when it does. She doesn't know how long it has been doing it (>.<).

Anyway, today it finally BSODed on her and gave me the "bugcode_usb_driver" FE message.

I have went through the standard stuff so far... Tried to update USB drivers from the manufacturer (these seem to fail), checked for any updates, checked for problems in Device Manager, tried uninstalling the USB drivers and let Windows reset the stack, tried installing drivers in Safe Mode, chkdsk, sfc /scannow. I haven't tried System Restore as I don't know how far back to try to go.

I just finished trying a MS hotfix ("Stop 0x9F" or "Stop 0xFE" error on a Windows 7-based or Windows Vista-based computer that uses certain AMD USB EHCI host controllers) but it hasn't helped.

The codes that were with the bugcode were 08, 06, 0A, FFFFFA8003AD0640.

I have attached both minidumps. If someone could look them over I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    47.1 KB · Views: 1
Alright the first Dump file reads this:

Could not read faulting driver name
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgmms1.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+226 )

Looks like the Video Drivers.

The other dump was a crach of the Kernel with no information. So to me it looks like the Video Drivers. Try using an older version.

I went ahead and uninstalled her graphics card and the drivers (was using some Omega drivers for the 7600) and installed the 8800 GTX. I downloaded and used the 260.99 drivers. I also went into safe mode and tried to install the USB drivers from Biostar but they still wouldn't install (same out of safe mode). While in safe mode I went ahead and uninstalled all the USB drivers and then rebooted back into Windows. It is still doing the same exact thing. Grrr...

Got any ideas on this one, mate? Until it finally BSOD's again I won't have another dump file. I am at a loss and the missus ain't happy.

I am using that same card and driver. I am not getting that problem. I also have a Biostar mobo and im not having that problem. I would think about trying to RMA that board. Sounds like it might be an issue.

I have about come to the same conclusion. There is one or two more things I want to look at first, but if neither shed any light I will be starting the RMA process.

That could be it as well. Have you removed all USB Devices?

The only things hooked up are her Logitech 310 mouse and Canon printer, but the machine only does it when the mouse is in motion. Hmmm... why didn't I notice that connection before. I went ahead and swapped out the mouse with the cheapo Logitech she has on her laptop. She has played an hour of Bejeweled 3 so far with no problems but i will keep an eye on it for a while.

thanks (so far). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom