BSOD on windows xp Pro sp2 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftylolz

Beta member
So i just got my new XFX 780i motherboard. Had problems getting rid of the FF post code right off of a boot. Fixed that. Now I tried to install windows xp Pro SP2 and i get a blue screen of death. The error I got was Driver_IRQL_Less Than_or_Equal. Any ideas of a fix?
My specs are:
corsair 1000w ps
XFX 780i motherboard
2 gbs of OCZ reaper pc 6400
geforce gtx 280
intel quad core 2.5 yorksfield
400 gb sata hard drive

Try using only 1 stick of RAM. That error is mainly RAM related.

Okay well i was able to install windows successfully. Now will i be able to put back my other gig without error of ram or it is damaged?

I'd recommend you to install/test them one at the time, so you know for sure which RAM module, the error is on.

Actually you can do the test anyway you want. Can test out them one at a time or both at the same time. It is really your choice.

Well im thinking I should test them both out because the ram came in a 2 pack from newegg. So even if one has something wrong with it, I'm probably going to have to send them both back.

Well im thinking I should test them both out because the ram came in a 2 pack from newegg. So even if one has something wrong with it, I'm probably going to have to send them both back.

Ouch, I had this same issue. After a long conversation with neweeg, they agreed to replace one stick without me having to send it back (just tell them downtime is not acceptable.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom