BSOD windows XP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default BSOD windows XP

Hey
Does any one ever get the BSOD with windows XP?

Old 05-18-2004, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Older But Wiser

Use to, My BSOD issues were Heat Related.

ASUS GeForce 760 GTX

1TB Sata Seagate
100 Gig Maxtor Sata 7200 Rpm
ASUS DRW 24B3S7 ATA Optical
Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell E228WFP 22"
Old 05-18-2004, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Older But Wiser

Yeah, Microbell's right. Probably 80% of the time it's a Driver or Software issue. My Problem was Unique, I did all the driver & software fixes & none worked. Problem lasted 8 months, getting worse every day. It was a NIGHTMARE!!!!
ASUS GeForce 760 GTX

1TB Sata Seagate
100 Gig Maxtor Sata 7200 Rpm
ASUS DRW 24B3S7 ATA Optical
Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell E228WFP 22"
Old 05-18-2004, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Ya i would have to agree..incorrect drivers are most common. i've had my own nightmare as of late. just put togeather my new server box a few days ago and i was getting reboots every few hours sometimes even a bluescreen. the long beeps at bootup made my think it was faulty ram.. then i finally noticed the big question mark sitting next to my raid controller in the device mang. appearently windows installed it for me, with the wrong freaking driver. fixed now, and have been up for 10 hrs and 11mins w/out a reboot!!! :amazed:

Old 05-20-2004, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

so why does one get a BSOD?

drivers writing to sections where they are not supposed to be writing or something else?
Old 05-20-2004, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MicroBell
Once in awhile...but not often. Useally happens on a driver install or program install.
Heh, I have never gotten a BSOD with my win2k machine... I'm trying really hard to figure why even the most experience users in this group bother with XP.... To me windows XP is a risk im not willing to take. My grandparents have it, and the system actually corrupted itself so bad I had to format and reinstall, that happend more than once...
Old 05-20-2004, 05:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Just a few times ... Most of the times it was driver related ..

Once ot twice ..due do addtion of new hardware .. Like it happened when i changed the display cards n' sounds cards at the same time .. Later i learnt that it doesn't happen if i change them 1 by 1.

AMD AthlonXP3000+@ 2.2GHz, Cooler Master Aero 7+, Gigabyte 7NNXP , 1GB Kingston HyperX PC3200 Dual Channel , MSI FX5600 VTDR 256 ,Pinnacle PCTV , 120+120GB Barracuda , Liteon 52x CDRW , Samsung DVDROM , Benq DW1620 16x DVD ReWriter, Phillips 21\" TV,Samsung Syncmaster 763MB,Logitech Cordless MX DUO , Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W Butterfly Series PSU, Win XP SP2,RH9.
Creative DDTS100 Decoder, Creative Inspire TD7700 7.1 Speakers

Search TF B4 u post { Thanks for this one! Emily :) }
<form action=\"http://www.theriddlehouse.com/random/tfsearch.php\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Search!\"></form>
Old 05-20-2004, 10:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by preet2u
Just a few times ... Most of the times it was driver related ..

Once ot twice ..due do addtion of new hardware .. Like it happened when i changed the display cards n' sounds cards at the same time .. Later i learnt that it doesn't happen if i change them 1 by 1.
Yeah one thing about all NT based operating systems, the resource management sucks. IRQ issues and resource conflicts weren't that bad on a windows 98se machine. Microsoft has even come forward with that information. Seeming how windows NT operating systems do SMP and other fancy things there was little development done to the resource management. Microsoft said it would be hard to implement.... Which just means "we'll charge you for the future upgrade".

Closed Thread