BSOD when gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have any files in the mini drum folder. It has a lock on it but i can still access and go into the folder??

My gfx card drivers are upto date as are everything else. Not sure about my mobo i downloaded some msi ones but didnt know how to install em or whatever they were just dodgy. Rubbish company

by the way i got 4gb ram not 2. And its windows 7 64 bit. also the crashes are only happening during games after about 30-40 mins. then i restart and can paly again for about the same time before she crashes again

What temps is your gpu getting? hwmonitor will tell you if you do not have a program already in place.

and, You cannot get into the minidump folder or there are no files in it?

GPU is 41 on idle. Not sure during games , Its not OCd at all.

The minidump folder has a little lock on it but i can still access the folder but there is nothing inside it.

minidump.jpg

I open that and theres nothing in there. Why is nothing stored in there?

Okay first, please make sure to read our Welcome thread. It explains why your posts didnt show up at first. There is no need to post it again, or have someone else post it for you. It was moderated due to containing a link. It was seen. It just needed to be approved due to our setup here.

Next the reason nothing is stored in there, is because when your system is crashing, it is not creating the files. It is going through a hard crash and not creating the dump files.

So at this point there is only 2 options.

1. Insert the Win7 DVD and use a Restore Point to a time when you know this wasnt happening if you have one that far back.
2. Reinstall Windows. Since Windows does not contain a repair feature like XP did the only option you have is for a reinstall. You can research a inplace repair. But it is a lot of work to accomplish properly.

Sorry that the solution isnt the best. I know everyone hates hearing about those options. But really there isnt to much of a choice. Without the dump files, we cant even begin to diagnose this properly. Since the system is going into a hard crash and not creating the files on the drive, we are behind the 8 ball the whole way.

Yeah I understand. I just hope it doesn't happen again after a clean install still leaving us with no leads.

Before he reinstalls, if he hasnt yet. Go into the Event Viewer. Does it show anything and if so what? Have him take screen shots. They might lead us to a clue.

Also are all the system drivers up to date? Like the chipset and anything else that the mobo manufacturer or PC manufacturer could have released .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom