BSOD Stop Error 0x124

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to say yes. It is an unstable OC if you keep getting BSoD's.

I have ran on this OC for a long time now. Why all the sudden would it fail? Is my CPU just worn out?

Edit: I lowered my OC from 3.06 to 2.84. Linx is running a lot smoother. Now that I realize this, I never got one single pass before. Also, now when running LinX, I get max 75C, and runs fine. Unlike before when it went to 70C and BSOD'd

Edit2: Could F@H SMP be the culprit? I think I put it on this computer a little while before I had this problem.

F@H could be part of it. But if you have not run it then it is strictly an unstable OC. You said it yourself, you are noticing more stability with it lower. That just verifies that it is and has been unstable.

After a few years of hard work even a stock cpu will start to slowly degrade. Add in some overclocking and the effects start to become a little more apparent over time. It's not like your chip is going to just die, it's just not going to overclock as well over time. Of course sooner or later everything does die but you can still try to boost it up. Have you lapped your cpu? When you lap the heatspreader your actually removing a layer of material that the heat has to move through. Less material means the heat can transfer to the heat sink faster. You should also look at the base of your heat sink, over time a lot of bases will start to warp a little from constantly getting hot and cold (turning it on an off).

Sorry to jump, but I am now having this exact same BSOD error on my i5 760. Just noticed it when I came out of the shower.

Dump if needed: Download 060111 11622 dmp

I'll do what you said prior, Slay. Raise the voltages a twinge.

Edit: I'll work on it tomorrow.

It could be heat related, it is getting awful hot lately. If your room is hotter then your cpu will be hotter and that will affect your memory controller. Have you cleaned your heatsink lately? You may need to lower your overclock during the summer.

Yes, I cleaned the case out yesterday afternoon. But, the temperatures haven't gone up that drastically, 3C at most. It's only about 80F in here. CPU is at ~42C

I did previously have a trojan that really stressed out the CPU, running all cores at 100%. I know this shouldn't matter, but still. Got the trojan removed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom