BSOD problems yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBM/PS1

In Runtime
Alright so this is a continuation of an old thread i had going a month back. I was having major BSOD problems and memory related errors with certain games. I THOUGHT i fixed the problem by removing a faulty stick of ram. I haven't had any BSOD problems in weeks. I come home today and my pc won't load into windows. It get's past all the boot screens then loads a few load bars in the vista screen the i get a brief blue screen flash then my pc restarts. I finally got into windows by turning off the pc and turning it back on. I need to know what the problem is so i can finally fix it.

Originally i thought it was a faulty stick of ram. Removing the faulty stick fixed all my application related memory errors and my pc was working perfectly until today.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Without knowing whta the BSOD stop error code was we cant help you fix anything. We cant jsut guess at what it could be cause that is to many to list. We need some information.

BSOD Stop error code, Minidump files, Event Viewer information something that we can use to diagnose this. Just saying you got a BSOD will not help us help you.

Cheers,
Mak

Well the blue screen flashed to quickly to get any error codes or information.

I left my pc on all day so it's hard to know when the error occurred. I'll post the latest few from administrative events.

I got home at around 5:00 and found the lights on my pc monitors flashing. I clicked the mouse and turned on/off the monitors but the screens stayed blank so i just restarted and ran into the problems.

2:07pm
An anonymous session connected from 60.249.80.121 has attempted to open an LSA policy handle on this machine. The attempt was rejected with STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED to prevent leaking security sensitive information to the anonymous caller.
The application that made this attempt needs to be fixed. Please contact the application vendor. As a temporary workaround, this security measure can be disabled by setting the \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\TurnOffAnonymousBlock DWORD value to 1.
This message will be logged at most once a day.

3:51

The Security System has received an authentication request that could not be decoded. The request has failed.

Those were the last two before i came home.

If you need more information please let me know

Also i don't know if this has anything to do with my problem but my clock in vista keeps setting itself back a few hours for no reason.

Hello,

Start>Right click on Computer>Properties>left side Advanced Settings. In there under teh Advanced Tab under the startup and Recovery turn off the Auto reboot on system failure. This will STOP the PC from rebooting right away on a BSOD. That is Vista. XP is almost hte same except you dont have to click the Left side advanced.

Do that and see if you can get the BSOD up again. Until then there is nothing we can do to help.

Cheers,
Mak

Alright i'll report back if i get the bsod/restart problem again.

Thanks for your help

Hello,

Not a problem. Its what we are here for. :)

Cheers,
Mak

Alright update.

I turned off auto restart on error and i got the following BSOD error.

STOP: 0X00000024

It said something about disabling anti virus software/ Checking for faulty drivers and something about running dskchk.

Windows automatically ran disk check upon restart and found no errors.

I also have two more errors in the log file.

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.

A compatible Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Security Device cannot be found on this computer. TBS could not be started.

Hello,

Is this Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista? Will help with my search for this error.

Cheers,
Mak

Alright let me see what i can dig up.

Alright i think i got it. Driver corruption or incompatiblility.

Stop: 0x00000024
A "Stop: 0x00000024" error message occurs when Windows Vista encounters an unrecoverable error when it tries to access an NTFS partition or a volume on the hard disk. Typically, you receive a "Stop: 0x00000024" error message during Windows Vista Setup when one or more of the following conditions are true:• The file system or partition structure is corrupted.
• A driver compatibility issue exists. For example, the file system driver for an antivirus program or for other utility can cause this issue.

To troubleshoot a "Stop: 0x00000024" error message when you try to upgrade to Windows Vista, use one or more of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation.

Caution We recommend that you perform a full backup before you implement any of the following methods.
Method 1: Run the CHKDSK program
To run the CHKDSK (Chkdsk.exe) program, follow these steps:1. Use the Windows Vista DVD to start the computer in Windows Recovery (WinRE). For more information about how to start Windows Recovery, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Windows Vista Help: What to do if Windows won't start correctly
2. In WinRE, open a command prompt. To do this, follow these steps: a. On the Install Windows screen, select the appropriate Language to install, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method options, and then click Next.
b. Click Repair your computer.
c. Click the Vista installation that you want to repair, and then click Next.

Note Click Load Drivers only if you have to load a driver to access a hard disk.
d. Click Command Prompt.

3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
chkdsk drive: /r
Note In this command, drive is the hard disk where you want to install Windows Vista.
4. If Chkdsk.exe does not find and does not repair any errors on the hard disk where you want to install Windows, run Chkdsk.exe on any other NTFS hard disks on the computer. To verify the partitions that are configured on the computer, follow these steps: a. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Diskpart
b. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
List vol
Note the hard disk information that is returned.
c. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
exit
d. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
exit

Method 2: Check for driver issues
Warning This workaround may make a computer or a network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We do not recommend this workaround but are providing this information so that you can implement this workaround at your own discretion. Use this workaround at your own risk.

If you are upgrading to Windows Vista, follow these steps:1. Install updated disk controller drivers.
2. Uninstall any antivirus, any antispyware, or any backup programs that monitor the file system for changes.
3. Try to upgrade to Windows Vista again.

Method 3: Perform a clean installation of Windows Vista
If you still cannot upgrade to Windows Vista, you may have to perform a clean installation of Windows Vista. To perform a clean installation of Windows Vista, insert the Windows Vista DVD into the DVD drive and then restart the computer. When you are prompted, start the computer by using the Windows Vista DVD.

When you perform a clean installation of Windows Vista, you can decide to install windows Vista to the current active Windows partition as a test. If the installation is successful, drivers that were installed in the previous installation likely caused the problem. If you decide to install Windows Vista to the current active Windows partition, you can migrate files from the Windows.old folder and then use the existing installation. However, you have to reinstall any programs that were installed in the previous installation of Windows.

You can also decide to repartition and to format the hard disk, and then install Windows Vista. To repartition and then to format the hard disk, follow these steps.

Caution We recommend that you perform a full backup before you start. These steps will remove all files from all partitions.1. Disconnect any external hard disks.
2. Use the Windows Vista DVD to start the computer in Windows Recovery (WinRE). For more information about how to start Windows Recovery, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Windows Vista Help: What to do if Windows won't start correctly
3. In WinRE, open a command prompt. To do this, follow these steps: a. On the Install Windows screen, select the appropriate Language to install, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method options, and then click Next.
b. Click Repair your computer.
c. Click the Vista installation that you want to repair, and then click Next.

Note Click Load Drivers only if you have to load a driver to access a hard disk.
d. Click Command Prompt.

4. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
diskpart
5. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command,, and then press ENTER:
list disk
Note each hard disk in the list.
6. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command to select the first hard disk, and then press ENTER:
sel disk 0
7. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command to view the details of each disk, and then press ENTER:
det disk
Note the volumes on each disk.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each disk in the list that was returned in step 5.
9. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
exit
10. Use the dir command to verify the volume that contains the existing Windows installation. To do this, follow these steps for each volume in the list that was returned in steps 5 through 8: a. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
drive
Note In this command, drive is the volume that you want to verify. For example, type C:
b. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
dir

11. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
diskpart
12. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sel disk number
Note In this command, number is the number of the volume that you want to repartition.
13. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
clean
14. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
create partition primary
15. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
active
16. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
format
17. At the DISKPART prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
exit

Taken right form Microsoft's site:

Troubleshooting Stop error messages that may occur when you try to install Windows Vista

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom