BSOD problem - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Default Re: BSOD problem

that's a hardware address. but although it rarely happens software can hardware errors. it's usually with conflicting software on the machine.

I had a system crash with nerovision today (2nd time). it gave me a weird error code that was hardware related it worked fine in the past. I immediately knew the problem. I hacked my cable box so I could record hdtv through the firewire port using windows media center. I knew that it was related to that, so I uninstalled that software and the problem went away

so much for my hdtv shows

Old 06-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to dkim1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
that's a hardware address. but although it rarely happens software can hardware errors. it's usually with conflicting software on the machine.

I had a system crash with nerovision today (2nd time). it gave me a weird error code that was hardware related it worked fine in the past. I immediately knew the problem. I hacked my cable box so I could record hdtv through the firewire port using windows media center. I knew that it was related to that, so I uninstalled that software and the problem went away

so much for my hdtv shows
so if i just replace the current video card with the same model..assuming the video card is defective..i should be ok, rite?

Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

hold on. let me see if I can find my system diagnostic disc
Old 06-08-2007, 12:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

it's an iso file. boot from it and run diagnostics
Old 06-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
when i click the link..the connection times out. maybe i'll just try again later.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

direct link

http://fs06n5.sendspace.com/dl/58acb...md3/RBCD2n.iso
Old 06-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Newb Techie

tnx. i'll try it when i get home. im at work. xP
Old 06-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #28 (permalink)
Newb Techie

how do i run diagnostics? the iso image loaded as an A drive.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

do you know how to burn an iso file? burn it as a disc image with nero or alcohol. turn off your computer. turn it back on. hit delete or f2 to get in your bios. set your bios to boot from cd first, the hdd second. hit f10 to accept and yes to exit. it will boot off of the diagnostic disc. it might ask you to hit a key to boot off of cd
Old 06-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
do you know how to burn an iso file? burn it as a disc image with nero or alcohol. turn off your computer. turn it back on. hit delete or f2 to get in your bios. set your bios to boot from cd first, the hdd second. hit f10 to accept and yes to exit. it will boot off of the diagnostic disc. it might ask you to hit a key to boot off of cd
yeah i know all that. but after it goes through all that..it shows something similar to dos and it looks like its in A drive. from there i dont know how to run diagnostics.

Closed Thread