BSOD on MSI wind

dedinski

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I have a problem when trying to install Windows 7 on my MSI wind.

I ll start from the begining.

When starting the pc alI I would hear was a fan,which would turn of after a few seconds and the screen would never turn on.

I took it to the repair and the guy said he d fix it-after he did that-the screen started and he said i need to do a simple windows repair cause it has some problems booting.

So i figured its easy,would save some money and that I would do it myself.

a)there was no repair option
b)i decided to format the hd - i also deleted the oem thinking it was a good idea
c) the usb windows installation works fine with another laptop (same model)

SO

It gives me a lot of different BSODs - pagefilesys,memory corrupt - usually when it comes to "windows" when the installation is supossed start(when i get the cursor).

As you can see Im not remotely an expert,but I ll very gladly help you help me :) . So just tell me what info you need. Thx!

This is an MSI wind netbook?
What version of Windows 7 are you loading onto it?
How much RAM are you running? Most netbooks can do 2GB max.
Are you absolutely positive that the laptops you tested the usb installation on are EXACTLY the same model?

Both of the laptops are MSI wind u100.
The setup asks wether i d like to use 64 or 32 bit installation,I would install the 32bit.
My laptop is running 2gb RAM,it was upgraded from 1gb before I bought it and it work fine for a cpl of years.

Alright, then my guess would be, if you're getting pagefilesys,memory corrupt bsods, then either the hard drive or the RAM is at fault. My instinct would point towards the hard drive.
Easy test: swap the hard drives from the two netbooks, and try the installation on the "known-good" one with the "bad-one's" hard drive.

If it lets you install it, then we have to look at something else as the cause. If it doesn't, then you know your problem.

Just my luck. My fathers MSI got physically broken. I did not know that it was glued from the back in the repair and impossible to open because of the connecting wires. Long story short,making my BSOD short story long I cant reach the swap the HD.

Do you think i should try installing xp? maybe that would work.

First, i need to make a breaking wind joke.

Okay, now that its over with... These netbooks have Garbage Hynix brand memory(Ram) in them usually, they fail all the time! Whoever glued that is a moron. which panel has been glued?

Pictures would help

-murphy

If Windows 7 wont work, then trying to install XP wont work. Windows 7 is 10 years newer and has drivers and software that were never even dreamt of at the time of XP. So there's that.

The real question is how did you make the USB installer of Windows 7? If you did not use an ISO and the USB Tool directly from Microsoft, that is your core problem.

Back
Top Bottom