BSOD Help!! 0x0000008E

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i tried that and it still does it i just ran memtest86+ and i was getting errors when it was doing the 5th test (Block Move 64). I am assuming this is probably causing the problem. But im wondering why i didnt get these errors yesterday. Do you think it is a problem with the memory or with the motherboard Memory slots?

Also do you think it might help if i drop the freq from 400MHz down to 333MHz do u think maybe this could fix the problem

most likely memory. I guess your timing was off a little with the install...
try to get some from a local store, and test it out. see if the problem goes, or if you still have the same problem. If it's the same, then might be a board issue. What type of board is it?

I havent had the problem for going on 18 hours now. I have narrowed it down to either the memory or a program called bearshare that my girlfriend put on here. I have removed it and the problem seems to go away. I found that if i opened it and then shut it 80% of the time the computer would restart. Do you know why this could be. Do you think it was trying to access a bad memory address? By the way the Mobo is a biostar cheap thing but i havent had any trouble with it before P4VMA-M

that would be interesting to see if bearshare would actually crash it... strange to say the least.
have you run memtest86 yet? might be able to tell you if there is a memeory problem...
your board is probably fine, but if you change out the memory, and the problem is still there, then it's possible that the board is at fault...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom