BSOD errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceshooter16

Baseband Member
Hey, recently I have been getting a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD. From my research so far, most ppl think it is a driver issue. I've ran Memtest for about 10 hours the other day and got no errors so i'm pretty sure my RAM is good. I also switched my OS from XP Pro to XP Media Center 2005 hoping that could help some, plus a clean reformat of my harddrive. However, I still get the error. I've redownloaded all of my drivers but still I get the error. The weird part is when the BSOD appears. The only hardware that I have added recently is my Hauppauge pvr-150 tv-tuner but that, I dont think, is affecting it since I got the errors before addeding it. For the most part the BSOD appears late at night while i'm asleep. I'm thinking that it might be my schedueled scan of Symantec anvirus, but I have not been able to find anything online about this. The reason I think it is my antivirus schedueled scan is because I checked my computer here at 3:00AM and it was perfectly fine. I came back at 4:30AM and it had a BSOD up on the screen. The only program that would of changed or ran on my computer between that time would have been my schedueled virus scan with Symantec. Does anyone have any suggestions or input into my problem? Thanks!

Well yeah I disabled the scan but it would be nice to be able to have a schedueled scan setup. Has anyone else ever heard of Symantec causing this problem before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom