BSOD: Driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Exclamation BSOD: Driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations

so, I get this bsod on occassion during oblivion and hl2. It then proceeds to restart my computer. The weird thing is I hear the "pda unpluged sound" right before the bsod and i loose control of my character for 5 secs before it. The sound is what the pda link up thing (Active Sync or w/e its called) does when u unhook ur pda. My pda is not currently hooked up at all.

Ok. secound problem is that in the ROL demo I only get sound from my rear speakers and not the front ones, however, when I go to configure my speakers they are all identified correctly.... maybe these problems are interrelated?

Athlon 64 3500+
eVGA 7800 GT OC
2 GB ddr400 patriot ram
Audigy 2 ZS Gamer
120GB Hitachi HD 7200rpm
eVGA SLI edition mobo

Any help is appreciated. I am running XP pro.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

im not familiar with the "pda unpluged sound" , but usally windows will turn off the hd few seconds before or right after the bsod

get into c:\windows\minidump , rar or zip all files and upload to , those are bsod logs ill analyze the recent and let you know (and just to make it clear cuz some ppl dont get it right , after uploading you should provide the link)

as for the ROL demo , well its a demo maybe its a limitation on the other hand maybe just a bug its possible theres a patch/update that fixes it have a look
Closed Thread