BSOD...couldn't find too much info

Status
Not open for further replies.
it fixes everything. it will move data from a bad spot to a good spot and make the bad spot not accessible anymore

Ah, ok...wasn't sure how it worked exactly. Well I'll have to start it up again later. Booted into it, to look at the UI/how it worked, and I didn't have much time to try to start it cuz I had to leave, heh...

Thanks much though, Eric, I appreciate it.

Ah, ok...wasn't sure how it worked exactly. Well I'll have to start it up again later. Booted into it, to look at the UI/how it worked, and I didn't have much time to try to start it cuz I had to leave, heh...

Thanks much though, Eric, I appreciate it.

NP. just pick the first option. I forget what it is called

I believe the first option was data recovery, and the second option was disk maintainence. Wouldn't it be disk maintainence?

Ok, well, i ran it and did Level 2 (for data recovery). The default operation it picked was "Recover unreadable data," which was option 2. It says it scans the partition, and recovers unreadable data. It got done in about 2 hours, and on one of the screens it said "ecc corrections" and it was around 9 million... I assume thats good? lol

What would you define as "saying something crazy"?

I hope it'll be all right...hopefully it fixed some of the errors my drive was/is having...cuz I got another 0x77 BSOD last night... Fell asleep in front of my computer, and when I opened my eyes a nice BSOD was waiting for me >_>.

it once told me that that hard drive (that was really broke) was blazing hot and it had to shut it down

Oh...haha. Yeah it didn't tell me anything like that lol.

I may do one of the read/write tests tonight, as I have to work all day tomorrow, so I can let it scan my HDD then.

Thanks for the help Eric, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom