BSOD 0x5c

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam miller

Beta member
I have an issue with a desktop ( unfortunently its a cheap one, and doesnt have any markings on it, so i dont know the make ) Ive got the bsod, stop error code 0x0000005c, ive done a diagnostics test and its telling me that all the hardware is fine, i cant start it in any of the safe modes or last known good configuration, i cant rebuild it with xp or windows 7 home edition (the disk that it came with) ive tried with another hard drive and cant get that to rebuild either, all the possible ways of fixing this that i have seen, ie bios update, corrupt registry file and invalid drivers and devices involve actually getting into the computer, which i cant !! any ideas ?

Many Thanks

Well sadly I doubt XP will install at all. Plus if the system comes with Windows 7, then you cant use a XP Disk to repair it, you could only do a fresh install of XP on the machine. As stated previously I dont think it would work. The desktop most likely comes with SATA Drives, XP doesnt have SATA Drivers. So you would have to slipstream those drivers or use the F6 to install 3rd party drivers from CD or USB to get the hard drive recognized. Unless of course you disable ACHI and go with IDE method of input for the hard drive within the BIOS. But doing so causes the hard drive to not work at it full potential.

If you cant use the disk that came with it to fix the issue, then you are stuck. Using another hard drive will get you no where as well. You will either have to reinstall Windows 7 in order to get the system working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom