BSOD 0x07E and 0x050

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to run the MemTest for a long longer than 2 passes. It needs to run almost overnight. Roughly 6 hours is the timeframe needed to properly test the RAM. 2 passes is nothing.

Have you tried updating your Video Drivers? What Video Card did you take out and which one did you put in? Do you have onboard Video? Have you tried disabling that while using the Video Card as your primary source for output?

It says on the bottom 1 pass is sufficient. I had intergreated HD 4200 that i uninstalled and i put in an HD 6850. I tried disabling the HD 6850 and it still crashed. The memory dump i linked above is the crash where i disabled the 6850. My drivers are up to date.

Edit:
So i went into safe mode + networking and attempted to crash it with lots of pictures and tabs. Nothing happened. So then i went to go practice programming. I had eclispspe open and one internet page and i left for like 20 minutes. When i came back i had a BSOD with STOP:0x0000001E.

Would this be enough to indicate that drivers are not responsible for my problems?

ps.Im going to try letting memtest run over night btw.

So i let memtest run over with two sticks or RAM in. When i checked it in the morning there like, 20,000 errors. Whats strange is that it said it was only running for 3 hours so i guess it restarted itself about 8 hours in? IDK.

So what should i do now? Buy new RAM?

Test each stick solo, see if you can find the exact one erroring, then switch a known good stick into the slot that a stick fails in. Could be a bad slot, could be bad RAM. But chances are, some new RAM is in your future.

Also, memtest doesn't restart the tests, it either locked up due to memory errors, or it stopped once it reaches a certain amount of errors.

I tested both the sticks im using right now for over 16 passes each (one 16 the other 18.)

I still get these bsods:
1A
3B
7E

and one the last times it BSOD'd it said something was wrong with this: atikmag.sys

Im assuming that its an ATI driver? Should i delete everything with the word ati in it and reinstall it all?

No but certain sticks work fine in certain slots. Idk why but 1 stick might fail in the second and work in the first, while a 2nd stick would fail in the first slot and work in the second.

Anyways, Is deleteing everything with ati in its name a bad idea?

But over 16 passes without an error in memtest. Unless memtest isnt as good as everyone says it is, i dont think it is the memory.

Can someone please just tell me if removing everything beginning with ati will screw up my computer.

Certain sticks only error'd in certain slots. In other slots they work perfectly. So i just numbered the sticks and wrote down which slots they work in. And ty for that driver sweeper thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom