BSOD 0x07E and 0x050

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use 86+, also, to get elevated, go into search bar, type cmd, then when you see the program pop up, right click on it, and click run as administrator.

EDIT: Ninjas....

Here is what happened in cmd prompt while running in administrative mode:

Code:
[I]C:\Windows|system32>[/I]chkdsk /r
[I]The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.[/I]

[I]Chkdsk cannot run because the volumn is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be check the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)[/I] n

I wasnt sure what the volume was so i told it no.

And 2 members gave me 2 different answers so still not sure which memtest to use. Im using windows 7 64 bit if that changes anything.

The "/r" part of the command tells it to do the check at restart. This is what you want. You cannot do a chdsk while Windows is running.

You can, the /r actually means "repair", which actually can't be done with system files loaded. But you can do a chkdsk while in windows, it's just not thorough, and doesn't attempt repairs.

When it asks y/n, press y, then enter, and restart your PC, it can take a few hours to scan a drive depending on the size, and speed of the drive.

Okay i did the chkdsk and the memtest and they both showed no errors.

For memtest i did ran 2 passes for each RAM, then i ran 2 passes for both RAM together.

Updates:

While playing minecraft something along the lines of my "AMD
Display driver stopped responding and has recovered".
And i think CCleaner erases my memory dumps so ill have to wait untill it crashes again.

E: I disabled the display adapter then opened some tabs with lots of pictures in an attempt to crash it and it worked. Here is the minidump. The complete dump is too large for mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e5dx3zwz26z5bli

Okay i did the chkdsk and the memtest and they both showed no errors.

For memtest i did ran 2 passes for each RAM, then i ran 2 passes for both RAM together.

You need to run the MemTest for a long longer than 2 passes. It needs to run almost overnight. Roughly 6 hours is the timeframe needed to properly test the RAM. 2 passes is nothing.

Updates:

While playing minecraft something along the lines of my "AMD
Display driver stopped responding and has recovered".
And i think CCleaner erases my memory dumps so ill have to wait untill it crashes again.

E: I disabled the display adapter then opened some tabs with lots of pictures in an attempt to crash it and it worked. Here is the minidump. The complete dump is too large for mediafire.

020212-28766-01.dmp

Have you tried updating your Video Drivers? What Video Card did you take out and which one did you put in? Do you have onboard Video? Have you tried disabling that while using the Video Card as your primary source for output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom