Browser windows are way too big

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
So I was having trouble with my touchpad scrolling, so I downloaded an Acer touchpad driver and figured out how to scroll using my touchpad. Great!

Now I have another problem seems to have occurred. Webpages are WAY too big for the browser. I'll see only a small fraction of the webpage and have to scroll down to see the rest. It's like this in every page. Even sites like Yahoo i'm only seeing maybe a 1/3 of the page. It was never like this before. Same in Firefox and IE.

What did I change and how do I fix it to get back page viewing to "normal". Help please. Thanks.

FYI, Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire 6530 laptop.

You can try two different solutions that I know off.

Solutions are:
  1. Check your resolution. If it's low, this may be the problem.
  2. Go on either browser and check if the zoom is all the way in.

To check/fix your resolution, see if this helps.
Change your screen resolution

To reset zooms of you browsers, see if these help.
Page Zoom | How to | Firefox Help
How to Zoom in IE - wikiHow

Thanks for help, but neither one is a problem. Resolution is at its smallest, and i already checked the zoom.

joelm3103 said

and you answer

Do you see the problem?

If it's low, this may be the problem. ----- Resolution is at its smallest

low and smallest are the same thing. Increase the resolution.

Replace low for high. It's the highest resolution. That's not the problem.

So which is it? First you say it is low, when we point out that is the wrong resolution you turn around and say the exact opposite both times claiming that it isnt the issue when all you did was reverse your statement.

You never mention which browser, what your resolution is set at or anything. We cant help if all you do is say that what we are suggesting isnt the issue without trying anything at all. Have you turned off Zoom? Have you set it back to 100%? What have you done other than reverse your statements?

So which is it? First you say it is low, when we point out that is the wrong resolution you turn around and say the exact opposite both times claiming that it isnt the issue when all you did was reverse your statement.

You never mention which browser, what your resolution is set at or anything. We cant help if all you do is say that what we are suggesting isnt the issue without trying anything at all. Have you turned off Zoom? Have you set it back to 100%? What have you done other than reverse your statements?

Wow.

When I said the word "Low", I meant "High". I misspoke. I interpreted the word "low" to mean smallest, when in actuality "high" means smallest. Simply semantics.

I checked the zoom and tried to reset it. It was already reset.

Anyone else have ideas?

I interpreted the word "low" to mean smallest, when in actuality "high" means smallest.

That still makes no sense. "low" is the smallest.

800x600 is smaller or lower than 1024x768
1024x768 is smaller or lower than 1280x1024
1280x1024 is smaller or lower than 1600x1200

A high resolution expands the screen size to allow more of the page to be viewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom