Browser War. Pcworld test to see who is the best browser. Guess who won?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can't close this thread, but I can tell you all right now a lot of you need to chill. We're talking about BROWSERS HERE PEOPLE. Calm down, yeesh. If you're getting upset over what someone says/thinks about a browser then you've got some serious thinking to do about your life.

Be civil and/or shut up....those are your options pick one

Now be nice and have a good day folks :D

- Nubius

it even says it right there in the article...
However, the company recommends that users should disable IE's Active X support to prevent the problem from happening
active X is NOT IE!!! although it comes from MS it is not the browser that is the problem here folks!

edit**
i think we've all admited that Active X is the cause of most of the problems. disable Active X and the test on that website fails... thus proof that IE is not the evil browser...

Personally I could care less. Why people feel they gotta argue over browsers is beyond me. My message to those people is 'get a life'

I use IE cause I'm too lazy to bother with anything else. Firefox/mozilla sucked IMO when I used it, just little things here and there I didn't like about it.

Netscape sucks

Opera sucks

The only one I haven't tried yet is this one called Avant browser that my friend swears by. He's been using it for a really long time and has never had any problems. It's almost like IE except with a few more things here and there so I suppose I'll be trying that sometime.

Other than that, just about every browser I've tried sucks so I stick with IE

The views and opinions expressed above are just that...OPINIONS...don't argue them or question my choices it's simply my opinion

It also suggests that people should turn to a different browser product.

The above quote is also in the article. Why won't MS address the active-x issue if it is such a problem?

The Rage said:
The above quote is also in the article. Why won't MS address the active-x issue if it is such a problem?
good question,
and my only answer is the exact flaw everyone likes to point out... as soon as a vulnerability is discovered (much like antivirus defenitions... it has to be found before it is fixed) microsoft applies a patch.

now, if all these patches are so much trouble, by all means don't use it... but personally and again (as shoobierat said, windows does it for you) it's not everyday, maybe once a week, or every other week, maybe once this month there will be a critical update... and it's not that big a deal

Personally I could care less. Why people feel they gotta argue over browsers is beyond me. My message to those people is 'get a life'

Nubius,
Honestly, I argue this to HELP people get off the IE game. To let others know there is an alternative to the "filled with holes" IE. That's it.
BTW, I do have a life....it's just boring:)

Roshi229 said:
eric, don't go there... if so many people disagree with us, then why oh tell me why firefox still holds such an itty bitty teeny weeny little corner of the corporate market... in case you don't know that's where the money and the knowlege of IT is.

A year from now on this date, we will see if that holds true. 4 months ago IE held 98% of the market. Now it 90%. With all of the newspapers and magazines people telling everybody to switch to other browsers, we will see how long it hold true.

Didn't somebody infect a lot of corperations last year through IE?

and i argue b/c i fail to see what causes so many to HATE any MS product... and hope for a real argument to come my way, something with a substantial base to it.

and i have no life, i'm married and i work 8-5 as desktop support. lvl 1-2 and 3 tech. TF is my life, just ask my wife.

Roshi229 said:
good question,
and my only answer is the exact flaw everyone likes to point out... as soon as a vulnerability is discovered (much like antivirus defenitions... it has to be found before it is fixed) microsoft applies a patch.

then they are stupid enough to tell everybody in exact detail how they fix the patch, so people can write codes to attack the patch.

then the endless cycle starts. patch, attack, patch, attack. when all you have to do is use something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom