Browser War. Pcworld test to see who is the best browser. Guess who won? - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #51 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

Don't hate the browser...Hate the user...

Old 01-12-2005, 09:52 AM   #52 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Don't hate the browser...Hate the user...
Wise words, TheMajor.

Don't hate the player...hate the game...

-----------------------------------------------
Don\'t hate the player...Hate the game...
Old 01-12-2005, 09:55 AM   #53 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

I still hate IE, though.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:15 AM   #54 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
I still hate IE, though.
Hey...don't hate the browser, hate the user...

Old 01-12-2005, 10:17 AM   #55 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

OK, ur right. I hate you.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:19 AM   #56 (permalink)
Master Techie

ACK!!!

Don't hate the player, man! Hate the game!

Okay, are we getting stupid or what?

Old 01-12-2005, 10:20 AM   #57 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

If this is a game, I hate it.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:46 PM   #58 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMajor
OK, ur right. I hate you.
LOL....

If IE is so great why are people out inventing more browser?
Because they want a more secure alternative. Window's problems demanded that one need to be built.

the flash site I look at are fine. last time I check flash mx support firefox too.

If you are having issues with firefox, Shoobie rat, Don't use it. But don't hate on us because we see the truth, while you are blinded by alliance.

you say that firefox users are MS basher. what do you think IE lover's are?

Quote:
Originally posted by ShoobieRat
But let's not lose site of why we're having this argument...(Or, at least, why I started arguing...[so no-one comes screaming out of the woodwork claiming I've started a flame war because they've forgotten how this argument started and just have a pension for being banned] )
you can insinuate what you want. you have been somewhat civil in this conversation. I suspect you won't be for long though. you got too many people disagreeing with you. the true 'you' will come out eventually with your cousin (flunky?) backing you up.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:54 PM   #59 (permalink)
Junior Techie

ditto to what eric says. this "civil war" between the IE clan, the Firefoxians and the Opera-lovers is going a bit too far. just let people use whatever browser they want, just as long as they don't insult their choices.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #60 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to Roshi229 Send a message via Yahoo to Roshi229

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
LOL....

If IE is so great why are people out inventing more browser?
Because they want a more secure alternative. Windows problems demanded that one need to be built.

umm NO!!
firefox came from Mozilla, an open source alternative who decided that it wanted to be a troubled teen and get some roudy MS bashing attention, and at that it has done well... it has nothing to do with a more secure alternative... but i'm going to try and hold back a bit here... firefox is NOT a more secure alternative! but i won't try and overstep my own self with the intrikit details of why it isn't, most of which i have already stated, as well as a few others around here.

Quote:
the flash site I look at are fine. last time I check flash mx support firefox too.
it's not a matter of flash mx supporting firefox, it's the other way around and the manner in which it is deployed and presented on a web site that is causing problems.

Quote:
If you are having issues with firefox, Shoobie rat, Don't use it. But don't hate on us because we see the truth, while you are blinded by alliance.
I don't think i can touch this one without getting banned!!!! truth and reality are a perseption of your own eric!! nobody is hating you you, and... ::::slap roshi stop right there::::

Quote:
you can insinuate what you want. you have been somewhat civil in this conversation. I suspect you won't be for long though. you got too many people disagreeing with you. the true 'you' will come out eventually with your cousin (flunky?) backing you up.
eric, don't go there... if so many people disagree with us, then why oh tell me why firefox still holds such an itty bitty teeny weeny little corner of the corporate market... in case you don't know that's where the money and the knowlege of IT is.

it was civil untill you started!

i think this has gone far enough

MODS, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!

<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"> <input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Search first, ask later!\"></form>