Browser War. Pcworld test to see who is the best browser. Guess who won?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what many fail to realize is that from a network security aspect esp in the workplace, IE is about the only way to go. Firefox is a security risk...

picture this... what does Firefox download? answer: anything you tell it to.
this is bad news for a security admin.

true it blocks many popups and spyware targeted at IE, and it is "faster" b/c it is a slim down version of Mozilla.

Firefox is great for home/personal use, not for use in corp./secure networks.

True, Roshi.

As well as the fact that Firefox won't work with most Intranet apps.

Oh, and for some reason the oh-so-glorious Firefox STILL can't figure out how layers work...

And I guess Firefox's devs didn't think it was important to be fully compatable with such unkown technologies as FLASH and XML.

IE took a big hit for security...but that's only logical for the size of its user-base and the nature of the competition.

MasterJason said:
Firefox rules..No ways is Opera better like some of you people say ..

Did you ever try Opera?

Plugins work perectly in Opera: Quicktime, Shockwave DCR, Flash, JAVA...

TheMajor said:
Did you ever try Opera?

Plugins work perectly in Opera: Quicktime, Shockwave DCR, Flash, JAVA...

trying to get multimedia plugins to work in firefox is a real @&#*@@$@@#

one more thing... opera is ten times more flexible.. you firefox guys, compare the preference windows in firefox and opera

hmmm...Firefox won?? very predictable. cant say much about Internet Explorer though. is Opera really that good?

hmm...now i'm in a tough position. ppl say it's good, and some say it sucks big time. i guess there's no harm in just trying, so i'll see for myself. hope the interface is good...

BINGO!

Houston, we got an intelligent user here...

Download, try, test, keep-or-ditch...

That's the best thing you can do.

I keep Firefox, Netscape, and Opera on my web dev machine...for the sole purpose of seeing what the other browsers won't be able to handle. I can usually judge how advanced a page is that I've put together by how badly Firefox, Netscape, and Opera display it. If a page uses the latest technology (from the past 1-4 years), I can watch those other browsers fire off like little ASCII atom bombs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom