browser problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

narcot1kz

Baseband Member
ok me IE6 gets very sluggish on like some forums and even with my yahoo mail you know the little check boxes in the inbox next to your emails,.. well when I click one it takes like 10 secs to register into the browser and when i scroll in there its very choppy .. I tried
reinstalling Ie6
got the latest patches
virus scanned
defragged
scandisk
deleted temp folder

any suggestions what could be wrong ?

thx in advance

Do you have auto detect settings checked in internet options? If so this could cause it I sugest unchecking it.

Control panel | Internet Options | select connections Tab and at botton click LAN settings.

it was already off :( .. and the weird thing is it jus started happining outta nowhere .. seems like a memoryish problem somehow cause the cpu usage spikes to 100 when i click to check one of the boxes for my email:confused:

nope but here are my pc specs

(CPU) 1-Intel Pentium III (Cu), 680MHz, 256KB (50% Load) .:. (RAM) usage: 210/512MB (41.02%) .:.
(GFX) RADEON 7500, (Display) 1024x768/32bit/60Hz
(OS) Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 4 (5.0 - 2195), (installed for) 4w 6d 10h 53m, (uptime) 4h 21m 10s .:. (HDDs) 4.39G/7.84G(55.9%) free

IE is really taking a dump lately. They have to change some code to make them not have to pay royalties. What's this mean?

They expect all the web sites out there to change some of they're code to be compatable with IE. Why is IE the standard? Why does the world have to move around M$?

This is why I use Opera.

yeah i wast hinkin of moving to opera , but the weird thing wit IE is if i put it on HIgh Security it works fine but as you can imagine almost no sites work ,..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom