browser keeps getting redirected

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
i was looking for a way to download youtube videos. real player used to be able to do that for me but i cant get it to do that anymore.

so i downloaded some random application to do that. it first put a modified google toolbar into mozilla. ended up not really working so i uninstalled it. but its now still affecting firefox. everytime i open a page after a few seconds it keeps going back to Custom search . in fact i typed this whole post up a few secs ago but then firefox just changed pages and i lost it all. anyway how can i get rid of this problem?

on a similar note one of my rather non bright friends installed imesh on my laptop a week ago and now even though its been uninstalled, chrome still uses some kinda imesh search rather than google itself. i dont know if the other browsers are still being affected as well, but they were for a while. is there a way of fixing that?

You're infected... Run Malwarebytes and combofix, if youre on 32bit...

Then run hyjackthis and post the logs. Osiris will read and help you out.

And stop d/l unknown apps, and thats what you get for doing nawty stuff :p

Press Windows+Pause/Break. That'll open the system information window. In the info there it will tell you. Will work on XP -> 7.

Seeing as there are tabs, then I presume you're on XP, in which case there's an overwhelming chance that you're using 32-bit.

Start>Right click on Computer (or My Computer in XP)>Select Properties. It will tell you right there what version your running. For XP it will only say XP SP2 or XP SP3. For Vista/Win7 it will say 32 Bit or 64 bit right under the system information. It shows this in the System Type area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom