Broken installs and .tmp files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahbek222

Solid State Member
Hello.

I have a very weird problem with install programs using Windows InstallShield.

When i try to run the setup for fx. Fallout 3, it starts up, and then prepares for install. But after that nothing happens beside a .tmp extension shows up in task manager under processor. The .tmp seems to only be using about 13.000Kb of memory, and it doesn't affect it if i higher or lower it's priority. It's a quite annoying problem, as it prevents me from installing some of my favourite games (Total war, Stronghold 2, Far cry etc.)

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Ps: Formatting or reinstalling Windows is a no go, as i have no DVD.

Thanks, i'll try it later, as I have no computer which can burn DVD's atm. If anyone have some other alternatives, I would like to hear them.

Try System File Checker or use a Restore Point.

System File Checker:

Start>Command Prompt with Admin Rights>sfc /scannow

Okay what about trying a Restore Point? That was also suggested.

At everyone of the commands, it tells me acces denied, even when i run the CMD programs as administrator under accesories. What am i doing wrong?.

I couldnt tell you. I dont know what you do with the system, what you have downloaded or installed. Whatever it was messed with your system good to prevent you from doing anything to try and fix it. You will haveto find a way to reinstall as that is your only choielce left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom