Broadband HELP!!??!!??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
eek

does anyone know how NTL will connect broadband up to my 2 computers, as surely they wont supply me with the hub/switch and cat5(e) cables...
hey im learning... cool lol

All of the cables are the same (short of the length). You are not going to have to have any problem with the cables as they are all pinned-out straight though. The connectors do not matter in your case...you're fine....the manu. of the cable may have a certain connector that they use....no worries.

-Michael

nice one. so the rouoters good too? didnt realise you could get one for 10quid, it is a router aint it, it ses it is lol

Definitely go wireless if you have the means and don't want the wiring through floors hassle. If you do go wireless make sure your operating system supports your Network Adapters chipset.

I have 1 laptop and 1 desktop computer with cable internet running through my network card, so i can either network with the laptop or connect to the internet. shoud i get another network card for my desktop PC and use it to link to my laptop (which is the inexpensive option) or should i get a router?

Its hit or miss on Wireless slowdown really. I can download 40 songs off P2P on one computer and play Counterstrike lag free on the other :) Plus whatever the rest of my family is sucking up my bandwidth for on the other computers. I guess it really comes down to location and Connection speed, im on Cable in a prime area so i guess i should just be happy.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom