Boycott! Yesssss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
When Vista comes out, if I have any compatibility trouble at all with XP, I'm BUYING a good distro of Linux, and never looking back.
As for gaming, I'll get a PS3. Atleast then I can stop wasting money on my computer, and stop trying to keep up with the computer-gaming kids on the block.
Linux'll be a challenge, and so will FPS'ing with a gamepad, but I like challenges. =)

Who's with me? xD

Haha. I haven't looked around, but I'm guessing there's a movement or a cult of some sort with the same idea as this...

I don't like giving up PC gaming to console gaming, but I know it is going to have to be done eventually. As great as PCs are, people don't want great, they want cheap, fast, easy.

Windows Vista looks like it may be just another step in Microsoft's plan to kill off PC gaming.

Linux is infectious, once you make the change and learn a bit about it, you understand the hype around it.
As for choosing, no need for that. You can have the best of both worlds, just do a dual-boot setup. I have Windows XP Pro on my rig and Fedora Linux. If you aren't comfortable with setting up a dual-boot system, just grab another HDD and put it on there.
I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the Vista project, but if the past is any indication, you can rest assured that it will have issues, just like any other Windows version has.

Then I feel ever so sorry for you all. :p not including warez muhahaha j/k :p

Bandwidthhog you seem to know little about vista I have seen you claim it will not allow/support DX9 that is not a statment of fact at this time could be but it is not final yet. You also say it is not good for games when it has optimisation to utilize the ram better than XP, the ability to shut down uneeded resources while gaming automaticly, the unchallengable wireless support, and more. Please go read the sticky before you mis inform people.

I posted that in the Windows Vista thread also. That is where i got my info from on this matter.

Meh i would but i had so much trouble with linux with compatability and just getting used to it that it made me want to go strangle someone.

Maybe i would get a mac.

mikee said:

Maybe i would get a mac.

Yeah, a Mac seems like a more viable option, at least until they get a distro of Linux out that is user friendly like Windows. The thing I dont like about Linux is having to compile everything myself and have to worry about dependencies just to get a freaking program installed. While Windows, you just click a button and it installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom