bottom bar

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
Hi, first, i want to start with an apology. i am not tech oriented, and i do not know, or even know where to find information to tell me the names of things on my desktop. at the bottom of the page, there is supposed to be a bar, that contains several shortcut icons. recently, 2 things happened at the same time. the sidebar background changed color. from matching the desktop background, to a grey color. and the bar on the bottom has disappeared from every web page displayed. it is still there at the desktop,. but it used to stay available, and now it does not. i have no idea if an update did this, or some webpage had some kind of malware or ???????? i am not nearly as concerned about the sidebar background color. but, the bar at the bottom of the page was very handy. and i would like to get it back. can someone give me a clue please??? thanks.

I'm assuming you mean the Taskbar with the Start button? What OS are you running?

Do you have auto-hide enabled in the taskbar properties?

What browser are you using that it's disappearing? I have this issue in Chrome occasionally, where Chrome will sit on top of the taskbar. If you click the "Restore" button in Chrome, and then click the "Maximize" button again, it will fix it.

Also make sure you're not in full screen mode in the browser you're using (Press F11 to make sure).

ok, the o.s. on my computer is windows vista home premium, and i am using mozila Firefox for a browser. neither the "lock the taskbar" or "hide the taskbar" boxes are checked. and no, i was (&am not now) in full screen mode.

Click the Firefox button in the upper left, go to Options, and checkmark the Add-On Bar. See if that is what you want.

well, this morning, when i tried to start my computer, it was all screwed up. i let it finish starting, and as soon as it was done, i restarted it in safe mode, and ran every program i had. superantispyware found 10 threats. so i got rid of those. but it still was not right. i ended up restoring the system to its last known good configuration, and now things look back to normal. thanks everyone for the help. for me, computers are a love/hate thing. i love them when they are working correctly, and hate them when they are not.

Back
Top Bottom