BOSD: Unmounted Boot VOlume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

Solid State Member
Ok i was in q4max and got an error had to reboot machine when i noticed this BSOD for the first time upon windows load was working perfectly fine before. "Unmountable boot volume" ive popped in windows xp professional disk and run Repair I'm running 2 Sata barracudas raid 0 . Ive done this at least 3-4 times chkdsk /R it did say there were two or more errors the first time and it fixed them. Ive run fixboot , chkdsk /p .... Nothing is working. Cant go into safe mode anything

One thing i did noticed when the xp pro cd was in the loading drivers part right before it prompts you for the R for repair and format. It said unexpected error(32769) line 5137 D:\xpclient\base\setup\setup.c. im thinking this might have an affect also ??

please someone help i have important things to do on my pc and dont want to reformat :(

anyway i can do a repair install, or install with leaving files intact? will that keep all my files intact like pictures and games?

if you do a repair, all your files will be there, it just replaces the system files but not your files so you will be fine if you can do a repair

i dont have a spare hdd around, i really want to repair install but theres no option on my win xp pro cd :(

is this what you did?

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, read this Warning#2!
Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

ok you confused me , Repair install isnt a option for me.... So what exactly do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom