BOOTMGR is MISSING - XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm .... would a floppy disk drive or usb stick or anything work ? as it seems im out of options to make this work ?

it's a dvd re-writer im using maybe thats the problem? its a ez dub one.

Well you could plug the laptop drive into a Desktop (adapter required) as a secondary drive, and just run Checkdisk from the other computers My Computer (your drive will likely be "E" drive in that case)
You can also scan for Malware doing it that way too
Not only that, but that's probably what I'd do

But floppy? Actually MS do have the 6 floppy set to freely download, but I don't think it carries the Recovery Console (and floppies always irritatingly fail all the time)

USB boot drive? Well yes. But you need to create a bootable flash drive, and if you have not done that before, I don't think I should spend 20 more posts discussing how to do that, and then find your "netbook" doesn't boot from it.

Hmm.

Edit: The DVD Re-Writer may not be picking up the boot disc, that is a possibility

No probs, keep us posted

By the way the fixmbr and fixboot commands (from the Recovery console if you ever get to it) would have been my next option if Checkdisk didn't work

i have vista disks which bring up chkdisk which i tried the checkdisk thing which didnt work, probaly wouldnt work but i just thought id give it a try anways lol

a new thing has just came up when i restarted my laptop and pushed del ....

windows boot manager
" choose an operating system to start or press tab to select a tool: (use the arrow keys to highlight your choice, then press enter)
to specify and advance option for this choice press f8

tools:
windows memory diagnostic

Hello,
I had basically the same problem with the error message when I went to cut the computer on I would get the error message: error message file:\boot\bcd status: Oxc0000034 so I followed the steps on here and I got all the way to the point where I typed in chkdsk c: /r and it got to 50% complete and then it stated
The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems.
104960644 kilobytes total disk space.
55447988 kilobytes are available.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
26240161 total allocation units on disk.
13861997 allocation units available on disk.

c:\windows>

Can you help me at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom