BOOTMGR IS MISSING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinorMIx

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, my problem is that I can't boot into Windows 7 at all. A screen shows up with "BOOTMGR IS MISSING" and then tells me to press CTRL, ALT, and then DELETE simultaneously to restart only to have this problem reappear again.
Before this happened, I just turned on my computer normally but forgot to plug my DVI cord into the monitor so I plugged it in while my computer was booting up. The monitor didn't turn on so I pressed the restart button on my computer. The monitor worked and then I was given a choice between choosing to Start Windows Normally or Launch Startup Repair Recommended or something like that. I chose Launch Startup Repair and it started to fix some things up and then told me to restart and so I did. When my computer restarted, a black screen along with my mouse cursor would show up for like half an hour so I restarted again. The same thing appeared so I restarted again only this time I went into System Recovery and tried to restore my computer back to a time it worked but it said there were no restore points found so I went onto the next option where it would say that it would back up my files but there wasn't enough free space so it cancelled and I restarted my computer yet again and opened up System Recovery and this time when it performed a system recovery a progress bar showed up and above it, the word reformat was there and so I panicked and pressed the restart button again. I opened up System Recovery and there was only one option available and that was to restore my computer back to factory settings which I do not want. I'm seriously heartbroken of the thought that everything on my hard drive is possibly gone forever.
Also I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom