booting from xp corp disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

curt

Beta member
i want to format and do a clean install, but when i try to boot off the xp disk, it ends with the command prompt ....a: ????from what i understand the first thing that should happen is it should say, "hit any key to continue"to read the cd,,, ,,,then go to the xp menu.,,,,,mine automatically reads the cd then goes thru a bunch of stuff and ends up at a command line for a: drive???

any help would be really appreciated ,,,THANKS

ps, i tried,, d:setup (didnt work)
pps, i am running xp pro upgraded over ME.

thanks for reply warez,,,,,,ya , my boot sequence is,cd rom-c-a,,,and no floppy in..... i burnt 2 xp disks in nero burning, disk #1 i burnt as a bootable data disk ( it is the one that does what i explained in the first post) disk #2 i burnt as just a data disk and when i try to boot off of this one , my pc gets to the part where it detects a cd rom ,,but it just says failure and carries on to a normal startup. could i have burnt the cd improperly?or are there other things in my bios that arent set up correctly (i did a test and the only 2 things it couldnt do were ls-120 booting and zip booting)..im confused and out of my league.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom