Booting from USB

PappaJermz

Beta member
HP Z220 SFF Workstation Window 7 professional installation. I turn this computer on that has no OS and need to get to the BIOS so I can boot Windows 7 Professional from a USB port. When I turn on the computer with or without the USB drive plugged into the USB port, it brings me to a notification saying, Non-System disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready. I tried while the computer is just turning on, hitting the F2 orF10 key and no BIOS screen comes up. How do I resolve this problem?

Thanks to all that tried helping me. :) I tried using different and more antiquated mouse and keyboard and have got into BIOS. But I now am having problems getting the computer to recognize the USB drive.

After going into the Boot Order and selecting from the UEFI Boot Sources and the Legacy Boot Sources, the USB Hard Drive and hitting Enter and arrow the USB Hard Drive to the top of both list Then hitting F10 = accept and Saving Changes and Exit, then Confirming those changes.

After all that no link and Non-System disk or error, replace and strike any key when ready comes up. WHY??? :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom