Booting (Resetting) Issue - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 10:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie

I hope you people are realizing that its happening to ALL his computers. A hardware problem is very unlikely unless their was some kind of power outage or surge.

Old 07-30-2004, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by -AnGuiSh-
I hope you people are realizing that its happening to ALL his computers. A hardware problem is very unlikely unless their was some kind of power outage or surge.
Yep. Well ShoobieRat is a one-man band and the music he's playing doesn't allow for him to listen to other people's opinions (or to reason for that matter). Let him post all he wants, I think we all know he's a bit off balance anyway.

Old 07-30-2004, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Techie

Actually, yes, I did notice he said "I have 3 computers"

Since they're supposedly all in the same place, a power problem can very easily have effected them all.

He asked why I suspected a HD problem, and I gave him my reasoning. It's not "single-flute" reasoning, it's a valid and known result and possibility.

When several computers in a location all suddenly develope the same problem, and it sounds hardware related, I start thinking about what could affect all machines at once. Since I've seen power problems do this exact sort of thing before, I suggested it first. If that's not the case, so be it, but it is a first question.

For the record (and in the name of moving things along), my next questions to the poster are:
2. Have you done any messing around inside the boxes?
3. Are they networked and if so what changes have you made lately.
4. Is a reinstall feasible? Try backtracking through your setup.

Since there was little information given about what events were going on before this discovered problem, we can't fully assess the situation. I would assume, that this point, that we should ask him questions. I don't know, you tell me. Maybe I should be using my telepathy device more often. Anyway, it could very well have been a power problem, or a virus problem, or a network problem, or something physically futzed in the box. Do we know? I would say we did when Pisa_10 is happy.

Either way, Pisa_10, let Lone post all he wants, I think we all know he's a bit arrogant and pompus anyway.

(And if you don't play a little music, you end up listening to background noise.)

-----------------------------------------------
Don\'t hate the player...Hate the game...
Old 08-03-2004, 07:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

try to disconnect the network cables on all of them and see if they boot normally.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Closed Thread